Jump Rope & Hopscotch

Tonight we did an end of the summer celebration with Jump Rope and Hopscotch games. Then finished off with simple popsicles. The girls loved it!

Jump Ropes from oriental Trading (or have them bring from home)
Sidewalk chalk and rocks to draw hopscotch
Cheap Popsicles (or not)

I did a quick search on jump rope rhymes. While looking I found a whole world of jump rope competition I wasn't aware of - so I told them about that. Also the history of hopscotch is interesting. The rhymes, hopscotch history, and a few jump rope moves are all included in this document. It's not pretty, I didn't use it as a handout.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! Little ones always need an energy outlet! Thanks for stopping by Curious Wisdom!
    Loressa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this website. I'm new to this calling and need all the help I can get. Will be back often!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails