PJ Party AD kickoff!

So tonight we had our first Activity Days activity of the school year!  It was super easy and fun!  I thought it would be great to have a pajama party, mostly because I love being in my pajamas!  The girls came all dressed up in cute pjs and some of them even brought their american girl dolls with matching pjs!  Crazy!  We had a short lesson on what the word "breakfast" means.  We talked about how important it is to nourish our bodies every day.  Then we discussed 2 Ne. 31:20 and Moroni 6:4.  We discussed the difference between feasting, snacking, nibbling, and just looking at the menu.  We all committed to read our scriptures every day for a month.  I made a little chart for them to keep track(-it is actually just a four-week one, but I figure that way they can still complete it if they just read 28 days total).

Scripture chart can be found HERE

We played two games:  5 Little Monkeys and the PJ Relay.  Five little monkeys is a version of musical chairs.  Everyone stood in a circle with a paper plate on the ground to mark their spot.  You don't have to use a plate, I just thought it would be easier than making something.  We then chanted the 5 little monkeys rhyme while the girls walked around in a circle.  At the point where it says "no more monkeys jumping on the bed" I removed one plate.  Then the girls had to race for a spot.  The girl who was out went to the monkey "hospital" and we started again, this time with "4 little monkeys...."  I tried to keep it unpredictable by changing the number of plates I took away.  Sometimes I just removed one; sometimes I removed 3 or 4 at a time.
this super cute cake was found at andeverythingsweet.blogspot.com

The second game we played was the PJ Relay.  I just took two pj shirts and two pj bottoms out of my husband's drawer and two outdoor chairs.  I placed eacj set of  pjs on a chair.  We divided into two teams.  The first girl in line had to race to the chair, put on the pajamas, run back to the starting line, take them off, and then hand them to the next girl in line.  She raced to the chair, put on the pjs, ran back, took them off... you get the idea.  It was mucho fun!

For refreshments we had a yogurt parfait bar.  I just scooped some yogurt into a cup and they choose a topping or two-granola, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.  Super easy and not too sugary!



The girls took home a cereal box favor with a reminder to study their scriptures.

Here is the jpeg.  I put these on those mini boxes of cereal you can buy in packs of 8, and tied a spoon on with a ribbon.
Find the pdf HERE

Hope this gets some creative juices flowing!  
Tami

7 comments:

  1. Loved it! Thanks for sharing! Hugs from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tổ chức sự kiện Đại Dương Event
    Tổ chức sự kiện chuyên nghiệp
    Công ty tổ chức sự kiện
    Tổ chức sự kiện
    to chuc su kien, làm sự kiện
    tổ chức lễ khánh thành - tổ chức lễ khởi công động thổ
    Tổ chức sự kiện, làm sự kiện, to chuc su kien, tổ chức lễ khánh thành, tổ chức lễ động thổ, chạy roadshow
    Dịch vụ tốt , Tổ chức sự kiện, làm sự kiện, to chuc su kien, tổ chức lễ khánh thành, tổ chức lễ động thổ, chạy roadshow,
    tham khảo thêm tại Công ty tổ chức sự kiện Đại Dương Event
    Tổ chức sự kiện, làm sự kiện, to chuc su kien, tổ chức lễ khánh thành, tổ chức lễ động thổ, chạy roadshow
    Dịch vụ tốt , Tổ chức sự kiện, làm sự kiện, to chuc su kien, tổ chức lễ khánh thành, tổ chức lễ động thổ, chạy roadshow,
    tham khảo thêm tại Công ty tổ chức sự kiện Đại Dương Event

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. Just one question, how did you shrink the pdf for the cereal boxes so it doesn't print as a full page, but instead, the size of the mini cereal boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea, thank you so much! lkalder: I clicked the image not the jpeg and then copy and paste onto a word document and then I was able to shrink the image down. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just did the number of copies 4 and then multiple pages on one sheet. But you should just be able to copy and paste like Lisa said. Let me know if it doesn't work and I can try and fix it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails