Caroling and Cookies


From ldsclipart.com
Hi there!  My name is Tami and I am the Ad leader as well as the primary chorister in my ward.  I love seeing what everyone else does and "borrowing" their fabulous creativity!  I hope some of the things we do can help someone else!  I know Christmas is over, but maybe this will help for next year.  For our last activity, we went caroling around my neighborhood.  Because we have a large group, we wouldn't fit in even two cars, so my cul-de-sac gets lots of service from us!

First, we practiced singing several carols.  We picked a couple of sacred ones, as well as secular.  Who doesn't want Rudolph sung to them?  Then we headed out the door.
by evanrudemi from photographyblogger.net

I had made a couple of batches of cookies ahead of time. What is caroling without a treat, right?  When the neighbors came to the door, we sang them a couple of songs, and handed them a plate.  We ended with "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and then went to the next house.  The girls had a great, giggly time, as usual!

To finish up, we had cider and donuts back at home.  Then we sat and talked about what we could give Jesus for Christmas.  And then what they were giving someone in their family for Christmas.  It was a great way to focus on giving to others and the joy it brings!

Hope you enjoy this activity as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping out Tami! I'm excited to hear more from you. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails